Bruschetta - my go-to food whenever I have no idea what to eat or I'm craving tomatoes. I've had several requests from followers to post my recipe on the blog so they can make it at home. Apparently there's an urban myth that it's hard to make. Well folks, I'm here to tell you that it's super easy!
Here's what you will need:
- 3 Roma tomatoes
- Bread (I prefer ciabatta)
- Olive oil
- Toast bread, while cutting your tomatoes into small pieces.
- Place chopped tomatoes into a bowl.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of oregano over tomatoes.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt over tomatoes and oregano.
- Add a 1/4 of a cup of olive oil to the tomato mix and stir everything together. For a little more sauce, add some water and mix.
- Place toast on a plate and pour tomato mix on it.
That's it - bruschetta made easy in five minutes! This is my go-to meal, and all together is only 10 Weight Watchers points, which is a healthy win.
I hope you enjoy the recipe. Until next time, buon appetito!