Eeek!!! *deep breaths*....My blog has been nominated for an award! Who would have thunk it. I won't lie, I did a little happy dance when I found out. I've been working so hard on this blog, and I feel so honoured that someone would nominate me for it.
A massive thank you to the wonderful Katherine from Perpetual Elegance for the Liebster Award 2017 nomination. I strongly recommend you check our her blog for her handy tips, tricks and life hacks for everyday life. I'm currently loving her 10 Things You Should Do Everyday post. When I read it the first time, I basically said (and yes, I said it out loud), "Preach, Sista!"
My Favourite Blog
It took me some time to think about this, as there are so many incredible blogs out there, but I have to say, the one that inspires me the most and is currently my favourite blog (and Instagram account) comes from Kait at Teacups and Things. I was initially drawn to her photographic style on Instagram, which pulled me into her blog. Being from the same area, following her adventures as she gallivants to various local shops and spas made me want to visit them too. Then there was the bathroom reno that gave me some serious new home bathroom goals. Not to mention her DIY posts, which in all honesty, convinced me to get a Cricut (the day that forever changed my life!). She's a blogging genius in my book!
But when she's not coming up with fun new posts, it's the beauty and simplicity of her blog that leaves me in absolute awe. You know what, I'm going to say it, I totally have a blog crush and it's her hahaha. But really, the wonderful photos, easy navigation and the ability to "Shop This Post" makes every visit to her site worthwhile. Thank you for being this newbie's blogger inspiration, Kait!
Random Facts About Me
- I have loved Old English Sheepdogs since I was four years old thanks to Max from the Little Mermaid.
- I'm a sucker for a good true crime series.
- I can watch Family Guy and American Dad on repeat, and will use quotes from the shows in everyday conversation.
- The Hamilton soundtrack is played at least once a day (no shame!).
- I speak English, Italian and a bit of French.
- I'm working on getting my BA in Professional Communication from Royal Roads University.
- Chapters-Indigo is my happy place.
- I'm obsessed with all things Kate Spade New York.
- If I could, I would live in Ikea.
- According to Pottermore, I'm both a Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw.
Questions from Katherine
- What are the top five items that you can’t wait to cross off your bucket list? Such a good question! My Top 5 would have to be: Own my own home, learn to play the violin, skydive, earn a Masters degree, and be my own boss.
- What is one piece of advice that you wish you could give to your younger self? It will all be OK. Through all the tough times, remember there is a light at the end of the tunnel and you will soon be happier than you could ever imagine.
- What is your favourite or funniest commercial you have ever seen? Leave a link to YouTube for others to enjoy! This has to go to the "Dear Kitten" commercial/video from Purina Friskies and Buzzfeed. You can watch the whole video on YouTube.
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Why must you make me choose?! If I had to pick, I would say Shawarma pitas.
- If you could describe yourself in one word, what would it be? Why? The word would be optimistic because I constantly try to find the good and positive in every situation I face. Now, that doesn't work all the time, but I definitely try.
- Would you rather get one free round trip international plane ticket every year or be able to fly domestic anytime for free? I think I would have to go for the international pane ticket every year. I have a few countries on my bucket list I want to see.
- What’s the weirdest thing a guest has done at your house? We haven't really had guests at our home because we rent. I think I'll have to come back to this question once I start doing more entertaining when we own our first home. :)
- What was your best excuse for missing a day of work? Food poisoning I think is the best, although I should state that I actually had it when I have used it hahahaha.
- What is something you always wanted to try but have been too afraid? Skydiving, hands down. It's on my bucket list and I really want to do it, so hopefully I'll get the courage to do it soon!
- If you could be an animal, what would you be? Why? Easiest question of the bunch - I'd be an elephant. They're beautiful, majestic, social and brilliant. plus, they are my favourite animal.
- What character is great in their movie, book or show, but would be intolerable if you had to deal with them in everyday situations? While I love him to bits, I would have to say Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory. He can just be too much sometimes. God bless Leonard, Raj and Howard for dealing with him.
- Marleana at #MomOnAMission
- Marthilde at Sunny Life Up
- Lisa at Chaotic Serenity Homestead
- Shelby at Bloomin' With Shelby
- Lindsay at The Cupcake Chronicles
- Teresa at The Balance
- Luisa at Swank Style
To my nominees, please answer:
1. When did you decide to start blogging and why?
2. Do you like the direction your blog is going in? Any changes you feel need to be made?
3. Who or what blogs do you get your inspiration from?
4. What are your favourite platforms to promote your blog on?
5. When do you find time to blog?
6. What types of blogs do you tend to read?
7. What are your Top 3 things on your bucket list?
8. What's your favourite show and why?
9. When you aren't reading blog posts, what can we find you reading?
10. Who are your favourite fashion icons and Instagram influencers right now?
11. What is your biggest guilty pleasure? (tv show, book, etc.)
For the nominees, don’t forget to link your post in the comments below! I look forward to reading your responses, and keeping up with your future posts. Be sure to read the official rules for the 2017 Liebster Award here.
Until next time...